To honour God.
To be salt and light to the nations.
To be faithful to those who come through our doors.
To be a growing church that reaches the Maples and surrounding community with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Our Statement of Beliefs
June 3, 1998
We emphasize an overriding commitment to love. (1 Corinthians 13).
1. All Scripture is inspired by God and is the basis for all church beliefs and practices. (2 Timothy 3:16)
2. There is one God who eternally exists as 3 distinct persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4,5; Romans 9:5; Acts 5:3a,4b)
3. Jesus Christ is God who came in flesh, was born of a virgin, died for our sins, was buried, rose again bodily and ascended into heaven. ( I Timothy 3:16)
4. All people have sinned. (Romans 3:23; 6:23)
5. Salvation comes through repentance from sin, and faith in Jesus Christ. It is an act of grace through the holy Spirit. (Mark 1:15, Ephesians 2:8,9)
6. Baptism is a symbolic act of obedience (involving water immersion) whereby as Christians we show that our lives an spiritually changed and we are living in a new way. (Acts 8:35-38; Romans 6:4)
7. The church is a group of believers who share a common fellowship under Jesus Christ as Head, a community of priests, ministering to one another through the gifts of the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12; 1 Peter 2:5,9)
8. The Lord's Supper is an ordinance, commanded by Christ to be observed by believers. (Luke 22:14-23; 1 Corinthians 11:23-34)
9. The Holy Spirit unites believers in one body and expresses His fruit in their lives. (1 Corinthians 12:13; Galatians 5:22,23)
10. The Lord Jesus will personally return for His Church. He will late judge those who reject Him. (Acts 1:10; John 14:1-3; Acts 17:30,31)
OUR VALUES (What makes us who we are)
People: Welcoming from all walks of life, social status, ages, gender, cultural backgrounds and family situations to join us for mutual benefit.
The Bible: Studying, teaching and preaching with application to how we live.
Prayer: Personal and corporate prayer as essential in our life and work together in the church.
Worship: Expressing praise and gratitude to God through music, communion, and prayer.
Fellowship: Healthy relationships developed in hospitality, small groups and service together.
Missions: Reaching out to the Maples Community. Winnipeg, and the World with the Good News of salvation in Jesus Christ.
Leadership: Bible-directed, Spirit-gifted, servant-based care and direction, that is creative in nature.